International Students

Benefits of TRU Ranching

The host farm program is what makes our program stand out. Rather than paying for housing you are able to exchange work experience for rent. On some of the farms you can earn wages as well as covering your rent. To be connected to a host farm that is right for you please contact the program manager at

See our host farms page for more information.

Host Farms Proximity to Major Centers

  • We have two host farms within 30 minutes of Kamloops, British Columbia (population 100,000)
  • We have two host farms within 30 minutes of Williams Lakes, British Columbia (population 15,000)
  • We have two host farms within 30 minutes of 100 Mile, British Columbia (population 2,000)
  • We have one host farm within 30 minutes of Vernon, British Columbia (population 50,000)
  • We have one host farm with Calgary, Alberta (population 1.3 million)
  • We have one host farm within 30 minutes of Brandon, Manitoba (population 60,000).

International Student Services at TRU

  • International Student Advisors (ISAs) are available to support our students. International students can email your ISA, or simply email
  • For your safety and convenience, all international student services and workshops provided by TRU World will continue to be offered virtually. TRU World’s student services will also have office hours to answer on-campus students’ questions weekday from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
  • All appointments are booked through email, contact your ISA on social media or book through online booking. Most ISAs are accepting in-person and virtual appointments.
  • Need a quick answer? Connect with International Admissions and Enrolment Services, an International Student Advisor, or a Registered International Student Immigration Advisor by visiting
  • All IRCC workshops will be conducted virtually. If you need to apply for Study Permit extension, or Post Graduation Work Permit, please contact We have scheduled online sessions to help you. Please check IRCC Workshop Schedule for details.
  • If you need a letter for your Study Permit extension or Post Graduation Work Permit applications, please request the letter online.


Important Information for International Students within the ASUR Program

  • Three intake periods – Beginning of September (main intake), end of January, beginning of May.
  • You will need to have your own transportation and valid drivers license while living on a host farm.
  • In September, October, May, June and July, you will need to attend field trips once a week. The location of these field trips change every week but will usually be within 3 hours of your host farm. Often times there are opportunities to carpool with other students to attend these field trips.
  • Seminars and field trips are held one day a week and the rest of the week you can be working on your host farm and completing assignments on your own schedule.
  • Assignments are all due on Sunday evening.
  • Find International Student Costs – Here and click on Undergraduate Programs and EAP Tuition Fees
  • See more information about our International Student application process – International Students Application Process
  • See our video – Here


NOC Codes Available 

  • NOC 8431 – General farm workers
  • NOC 8252 – Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
  • NOC 0821 – Managers in Agriculture
  • NOC 21112 – Ag Representatives, Consultants and Specialists.